Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nicole's 20th Birthday

Well yesterday our Nicole turned 20!!  I can't believe it.  Time goes by so fast.  Nicole is still in Provo at BYU but luckily it's only a half hour away.  It's reading and finals week so no way could she get away to come to the house to celebrate her birthday so we went to her.  It turns out that Steve and Erica are both pretty sick with colds so just Steph and I could celebrate with Nicole.  We arrived at Nicole's apartment to pick her up and then we headed to our favorite Mexican place there.  It's called El Mexal, it's our families favorite Mexican place to eat (it looks dumpy on the outside, it's in a little stripmall place next to a laundromat/tanning salon, but it has excellent food).

Here's a picture of me and Nic at dinner.



After dinner we stopped at the grocery store for ice cream and then went back to Nic's apartment for cake and ice cream.  She wanted white cake with white frosting with coconut on top.


And here she is making a wish and blowing out the candles.  (here's a confession, we forgot to take a picture so we had to reenact it after we'd already cut into the cake, bet you couldn't even tell, haha).


A picture of Nicole Steph and 3 of Nic's roommates, Heather, Jamie and Ally.  I'm glad they were there to share in this fun moment with us.  Seriously, we had a lot of fun talking and laughing and me and Steph trying to understand college humor.  (I hope you guys had fun playing your kite game after we left)


I'd say Nicole looks pretty happy here :)


After cake Nic opened her presents.  She only got a couple of things, you'll see why in the next picture.


Nic's laptop died and what college student, or anyone for that matter, can survive without one (ummmm, apparently I can cause I don't have one :(  So we bought her a new laptop for her birthday but gave it to her early when she came up for Easter/Conference weekend.  I can honestly say she was really happy.  She even wrote on facebook that she has the best parents ever.  No kidding, I'm glad she can see that (actually, Steve and I have the best kids ever).


Happy Birthday Coco Bear.  I loves you tons.  Thanks for being one of my favorite BFF's.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Anelie, I think it is awesome you still make a fuss over your girl's birthdays! I remember my 12th b-day when I was staying with you for a month and you did the same thing for me! It is still a very vivid memory!

Anelie said...

Hi Cheri, it makes me so happy to hear from you. I love your blog. I am so sorry, I don't remember your 12th birthday, what did we do? I'm glad it's a good memory for you. I hope we can see each other sometime soon. Tell your mom to organize a reunion, okay.