Today is Sunday, I love Sunday's. I don't know what I would do if once a week I couldn't go have some spiritual renewal. I can honestly say that I love Sacrament Meeting, Sunday School and Relief Society.
In the last April conference President Monson gave a talk called The Race of Life and a few months ago I had to give a relief society lesson on President Monson's talk. Seriously, there is nothing like reading a conference talk 5 times and then wondering what that person really wanted you to get from their talk and then making a lesson from it. Anyway, President Monson's talk is basically this, that it is so important for all of us to know where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going after this life. When you really think about those 3 questions it becomes apparent that when you know the answer to those questions then your life takes on real purpose and meaning. When I was preparing that lesson I felt so strongly that the reason Erica is so happy and content with life is because she know the answers to those questions and has an absolute faith in Heavenly Fathers plan for us. I am so grateful for her testimony and faith and example and I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace and perspective it can bring to our lives. I encourage you all to read that talk by President Monson and see what you get out of it.
First Stitches!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment