Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm grateful for Visiting Teachers

Today mine and Erica's visiting teacher came over.  Nancy is a very dedicated visiting teacher, she makes sure to come every month.  Erica and I don't socialize that much so we love having Nancy come over and visit each month for a couple of hours.  I remember about 20 years ago when my mom was the Relief Society President, she hated visiting teaching, she even asked the Bishop if they could not have visiting teaching.  I was appalled, no visiting teaching? Why that's blasphemy mom.  Then when I was called to be the Relief Society President about 7 years ago I understood.  Organizing visiting teaching is a headache, every change snowballs into huge changes, and let's face it, women are picky and opinionated about who they visit or who visits them.  I finally understood why my mom had felt the way she did.  But in all seriousness, before I was Relief Society President I loved visiting teaching and now that I'm not the Pres anymore I love it again.  I visit 2 sisters who are not at all active, in fact they don't want me to call them and set up appointments, they want me to just drop in.  Consequently I always feel like I have to make a little treat when I go over to their homes so I have a legit reason for just dropping in, and when they aren't home when I take the treat then I get a little put out cause then I have to try again.  But I love these sisters, when they are home they are always so sweet to me and we have wonderful conversations together.  I truly do have a testimony of Visiting Teaching and I'm grateful for my Visiting Teacher.

No comments: