Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'm grateful for Saturdays

Typically Saturday is not my favorite day of the week, I always have tons of anxiety on Saturdays, I blame this fact on a little Primary song we used to sing when I was a little girl, it goes like this; "Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday, We clean our house and we shop at the store, so we won't have to work until Monday; We brush our clothes and we shine our shoes, And we call it our "get the work done" day, Then we trim our nails and we shampoo our hair, So we can be ready for Sunday!"  That was truly my favorite Primary song, bear in mind, when I was in 1st grade I used to fake being sick so I could stay home from school and clean and organize my room.  In my mind Saturdays are supposed to be a very very productive day and they mostly don't turn out that way so I start the day with anxiety from the anticipation of a non-productive day.  Well, the one thing I do absolutely love about Saturdays is making breakfast, because we don't eat until around 11:00a.m. it's more like brunch.  I LOVE making a big yummy brunch, that absolutely makes my Saturday.  So because I can make a yummy breakfast/brunch I have to say that I am grateful for Saturdays.
Today we had pumpkin chocolate chip waffles topped with whip cream and sausages and bananas and grapes.

This was so delicious, omelets with sauteed onions peppers and spinach and melted cheese inside topped with sour cream, salsa and avocado and homemade mini apple pies.

This is what we had on Labor day weekend, homemade buttermilk pancakes with buttermilk syrup, hash browns, sausages and fresh peaches from the tree.


No comments: